Friday, June 15, 2012

Welcome To The Jungle...

A couple of friends and I took our kids to Jungle Jims for a little last-week-of-school party (yes, I am still behind on the blogging).  Plus, we had coupons that were expiring soon, so off we went.  If you are 3 years old, Jungle Jims is almost as good as Lagoon...and let's face it, MUCH muchmuchmuch cheaper. 

Here are the kids on one of the rides. This ride goes in lots really fast circles aaaand then it goes in really fast circles BACKWARDS.  This is one of the rides that "adults" can ride on.  However, I am good for about two rides on this ride before I start to feel like I am going to ralph.  Which would make the ride much less fun for everyone, especially whoever happens to be riding with me.  After my one or two turns, the kids were totally fine leaving me on the sidelines, and they rode it over and over (and over).  One of my friends was immune to the motion sickness went a few times herself :-)

Cora especially loved that ride.  She was usually the littlest one on the ride, so she would end up squished up against whoever was riding with her, giggling and laughing as hard as she could.  I bet they went on this one about 37 times.

The kids went on each and every ride at least once, but the other favorite of the day was the bumper cars.  Arden is a really good bumper-car driver.  She is a pro, and she had no mercy.  Dax liked to try to do it himself.  Cora wanted me to go with her the first few times.  Unfortunately (for you, not for me) I don't have any pictures of me trying to fold myself up into one of these minuscule little things.  It was quite a tight fit, with Corbie tucked behind one of my knees.  When Arden would lay one of her brutal hits on our little car, my knees and hips would bounce around, striking all the hardest parts of the car's interior.  Luckily, after a little while Cora decided that Arden's kindergarten friend, K, was her new best friend.  She talked him into driving her around, which my knees and hips were thankful for.

 Here is Arden and her friend L.  You will notice who has her hands on the wheel.  Don't let that innocent little smile fool you.  She. Is. An. Animal. 
It was hil-a-ri-ous watching all these guys go at it.  Arden was RUTHLESS, and put in serious hits on everyone in sight.  If bumper cars was an Olympic sport, I would sign her up today.  Cora and K just liked to kind of cruise around, and if they happened to run into someone, great.  Dax and his bestest buddy E were the funniest of all, because they didn't really understand how bumpercars work.  They were cool as long as they were going forward, but once they got stuck in a corner or anything, all heck broke loose.  They could figure out how to turn the wheel around until they were going backwards, but then they never could figure out how to get going forwards again.  They would just go around backwards in circles.  Around and around and around.  Eventually, Arden would eventually have mercy on them and slam them into a forward motion.  They loved every second.
The kids had such a great time, they could have been there all day.  All the kids got along pretty well, and I was so glad that K was such a good sport with Cora...isn't she cute?
It was great fun, and stuff like this is always so much more fun for me when I have friends to talk to!  Thanks guys for a fun afternoon!

1 comment:

Ryan and Amber said...

How did I not know about this jungle goodness? As always you are a fountain of "excellent mama" info