Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Snack Time - Dax style

The other day I was doing my normal routine of trying to clean up breakfast sometime before lunch when Dax came and asked me for a snack.  My boy is a bottomless pit, so he spends about 2/3 of his waking hours asking for and eating snacks.  Here is our conversation:
 
Me: "What kind of snack do you want, Dax?"  
Dax:  "Ummmmm...do you have any leaves?"
Me:  "Well...I have spinach.  Do you want a salad?"
Dax:  "No nevamind I don't want leaves.  How about carrots?"
Me: (always excited when vegetables are voluntarily eaten)  "Sure!"
Dax:  "Wait, wait, wait.  Dat's not all.  Can I have some turkey too pwease?"
Me:  "A turkey sandwich?"
Dax:  "No, just turkey.  I just want a bunch of pieces of turkey."
Me:  "Um....okaaaay."
 
I should have seen it coming.  Dax is the proud owner of about 37 zillion plastic dinosaurs.  Some are the size of bugs, some are the size of small dogs.  He usually carries them around in pairs: (1) one carnivore and (2) one herbivore for said carnivore to eat.  Today, he wanted to share his snack with his carnivore and herbivore friends of the moment.  Here is Dax, plate full of carrots and turkey:
Here is Daxton's favorite carnivore of late, his "Gween T-Wex!"  As you can see, the T-Rex is happily munching on a slice of deli turkey.
Dax also shared his carrots with his baby Stegosaurus.  I am guessing that he is just fattening up the Stegosaurus before he lets the T-Rex eat it.  Poor thing.

1 comment:

Ryan and Amber said...

While he doesn't love dinos quite as much as Dax just yet - Kael and Dax are BFFs in the snack department for always. The duos motto should be "Always be snacking" HA HA