Today is the last day of February.
Halle-freakin-lujah!
February is my least favorite month. The novelty of winter has worn off long ago. It is STILL dark, it is STILL cold, it is STILL grey and ugly. I am just done. The only good thing about February is that it is short. So bring on March! Wahoo!
We spend a lot of time indoors in February. Who doesn't? We have tried to get outside as much as possible on the rare sunny days, and even made a visit to a snow-covered park a Saturday or two ago (the swings still work!). But mostly we have been hanging out in the playroom. Cora has been perfecting her tower-building skills. She built a really good one the other day while Dax was at preschool and I sat nearby reviewing some documents for work. Okay, okay, I might have helped put the triangle on top. She was so proud of her castle that she asked me to take a picture of it. I dutifully got the camera and told her to stand next to the castle and smile. She quickly declared that she needed to put on her Little Mermaid dress-up outfit before the picture could be taken. Now properly attired, she proceeded to work it like a supermodel. Take 1:
Take 2:
Take 3:
I have no idea what she is doing, but it is hilarious. It looks kind of like she is doing the hula or something in the pictures, but that is how a mermaid-princess showing off her castle is supposed to stand in the mind of my 3-year old Cora. She rocks my socks off.
She wanted to take a picture of me next, modelling the lego house we had constructed earlier that day. I am not as fancy as Cora, so I have no princess dresses or fancy poses, but nevertheless, here is our lego house, complete with doors and windows.
Sometimes when we are in the playroom, our friendly neighborhood deer herd comes over to eat some of our plants, and we don't really mind. The kids love watching the deer, and get so excited that they sometimes yell so loud that they scare the deer away from inside the house. Impressive. Cora is SOSOSOSOEXCITED! We had about 6 or 7 deer in our yard at this point.
"Awww, dey are so cute, mom! I wish we could pet dem!"
I bet that the deer are almost as excited as we are for all of this snow to melt!
See ya February, don't let the door hit you in the butt.



3 comments:
Awww u r so cute dere Chrystie wif ur cute play room and ur cute bob! I keep forgetting u cut it and I still looooovvve it! It would seem a princess dress or two is in order for u!
I didn't know you cut your hair...very cute! We have seen a lot of deer too. They couldn't care less that we are watching them...hungry!
I am willing to go and pet the deer with Cora!
Post a Comment