Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentines Week - Who Do You Love?

I love my Arden. 
 

(Here she is at two years old in a place I wouldn't mind being at right this very moment.) 

I love her so much that I was willing to go into her messy messy room this morning and do a little tidying up.  I usually don't do this since Arden is a big girl and is responsible for cleaning her own room.  HowEVer, my girl is a class A pack rat and does NOT like throwing anything away, like...ever.  Instead, she will make neat little piles (and piles and piles) of homework papers and various drawings and works of art that are soon stacked up all over her room.  So, every once in a while I take my life in my hands and go and sort thorugh the piles.  I keep the truly exceptional school papers and artwork in Arden's 1st grade binder I made for her, and (shhhhhhh, don't tell) I THROW THE REST AWAY.  She usually doesn't even notice and goes happily along creating new piles.  (If she does notice, well...somebody is in trouble.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.)
 
Anyway, today my efforts were rewarded by finding this little beauty in the middle of a pile:
For those of you who don't speak 1st grade, that last word is Skywalker.  Yeah, we have been watching the Star Wars occasionally, but I had no idea my eldest daughter's heart had been captured by the young blond Jedi knight.  Say it with me now, awwwwww!  How cute is she?  I laughed quietly to myself and then grabbed Preston from where he was working downstairs so he could laugh with me, then I tucked the little declaration of love quietly back in the middle of a now-much smaller pile.  I will have to watch her more closely next time we are watching a Star Wars movie...while also concentrating on keeping a straight face.  Its gonna be hard. 

Please please if you see Arden don't mention this post, or I have a feeling I will be in even more serious trouble that I usually am after I purge her room.  ;-)  Happy Valentines!

2 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

OH her little two-year-old legs! AND that love note. Could you just roll over and die? :) So so so so cute.

Tiffanie said...

I've gotten in trouble too...my kids have seen things on the blog that I never thought they would pay attention too. A small price to pay for these fantastic memories!