Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Bride and Her Shoes...

My baby sister Valerie got married last weekend!  Well, she isn't a baby anymore...she is, well...she is older than I like to pretend than I am so I won't tell you how old she is.  BUT the point is that she will always be my baby sister. 
 
Val was such a BEAUTIFUL bride: 
 

Her new husband, Josh, is a lucky lucky lucky man.  Not only is Val stunning, she is one of the sweetest people on the face of the planet.  No lie.  There is not a single mean bone in her whole cute body.  My kids all like Val more than they like me, and I can't really blame them.

And did I mention she is stun-ning?
Val is the one who started the running in my family, slowly dragging us one by one into the half-marathons.   Here is what she was wearing under her wedding dress during her bridal pictures:
 
Awesome.  I think this is my favorite picture.  I like how her flowers match her shoelaces.  :)

Val is brave too.  She asked Dax to be her ringbearer and wanted him to stand up next to the best man through the whole ceremony.  B-R-A-V-E.

More wedding stuff to come, but I want to wait until I get some pictures to post.  Congratulations Val and Josh!

4 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

Ahhhh I just love weddings that have adorable ring bearers!!! And thanks for the running tips. Race number one is the dirty dash in midway in June. Are u gonna be there? What other ones do you recommend I sign up for?

Chrystie said...

Hey Amber - I am not an expert runner by any stretch of the imagination! My next race is the Ogden marathon relay next weekend but I don't really have any others planned so I was wondering if YOU knew of any fun ones.

Leslie said...

love her shoes...AWESOME!!!

Ryan and Amber said...

Sign up for The Dirty DASH! It is in Midway on June 8th. I also heard the Color Fest ones are awesome and I'd love to run one with you - so let's be on the look out!

(My other 5k is the Freedom Run in my hometown on July 4th - What up RICHFIELD?!)