Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Last First Day of Preschool

Cora is my last preschooler!  Can you believe it?  I have had a kid in preschool for the last 5 first days of school, but this is my very last one.  The last first day of preschool.  It makes me sad to think about.

But do you think Cora feels sad?  Let's look at the following first day of preschool slide show and you decide for yourself:






I think she will get through it all somehow, don't you?

Corbie had to wait an entire week and half after the other kids started school.  It has been a long week for the poor girl.  Every morning she would ask, "Is it MY preschool day yet?"  Finally, the day arrived!  Cor was so excited to get her turn to have her picture taken on the stairs at last!  She kept saying, "Just one more!  Take my picture one more time!"  Oh, okay.

Then when we got to school, the sun was so bright that it was hard to take any pictures, but we did another one anyway!
Since Cora went to this same preschool last year, she knew the drill.  She was so excited to be the first one up the stairs so she could pick which peg to hang her backpack on:
After that, she ran into the classroom and started playing with her friends.  She didn't even really notice when I waved goodbye and threw a "Be good!" in her direction.  I slipped out and headed back home to get some work done.  

The house was so quiet, I couldn't think straight!  It was brutally quiet.  I actually had to turn on the TV so there could be some background noise before I could get any work done.  I get to have about 5 hours of this total silence stuff a week...it is AWESOME and HORRIBLE.  

But I will get through it somehow :)

1 comment:

The Belnaps said...

Isn't she ADORBS? I mean, good choice on the shirt, is all. And five hours of complete silence sounds like, off the chart CRAZY! Funny how a few years with munchkins can change a gal's perspective. :)