I mentioned in an earlier post that Dax is currently going through a moderate-to-serious obsession with Star Wars. This obsession leads my boy to do some unusual things.
For example: Dax can be found most days wearing a single black glove. If you ask him WHY he is wearing a single black glove inside the house, he will first look at you like you might be asking one of theee stupidest questions ever asked, and then reply, "Becaaaause this is my robot hand. My real hand got cut off by Darth Vader." Duh?
Dax is also often found humming and/or singing Star Wars music. Usually quite loudly. He especially likes to hum such music while....let's say....enjoying some private time in the bathroom. Not just our bathroom at home, ANY bathroom. We were at a Wendy's recently, and I walked Dax down to the men's room and waited outside in the hallway while he did his bidness. The humming started off low, but soon Dax was singing the Star Wars Theme at the top of his lungs, and not only could I hear it out in the hallway, but I am pretty sure that anyone sitting in the half of the restaurant nearest the restrooms could hear it as well: "Buuuuh buuh, buhbuhbuh BUUUUUH buh, buhbuhbuh BUUUUUH buh, buhbuhbuhbuuuuuuuuh." That's my boy.
Dax also likes to act out his favorite parts of the Star Wars movies. If he can't find anyone to help him, he just acts out all of the parts himself. I am totally kicking myself for not catching on video an epic performance of his I saw the other day. He was acting out the final battle of Episode 6...you know, when Luke and Darth Vader have a big light saber battle in front of the Emperor? Dax was actually pretty good at light sabering with himself, one saber in each hand. He would pause the fighting occasionally to insert some dialogue, "Fahder, I feel the good in you." (then, in a deeper voice), "You underestimate the power of the dark side!" This scene went on for quite a while. I was the most impressed with the Oscar-worthy performance of the part where Luke is getting blasted with the blue lightning from the Emperor. Dax was on the ground, writhing around and kicking his legs, yelling "AAAAH, FATHER, PLEEEEASE, HELP MEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!" The he jumped up, curled his fingers in front of him, emperor-style, and said menacingly, "Now, young Skywalker. You will DIE!" Then he dropped back to the ground and writhed around some more, then quickly jumped back up, gave one Darth Vader-y breath, and yelled "NOOOO!" He then grabbed a nearby teddy bear (who now represented the Emperor), held the teddy bear over his head, ran over to the railing, and threw the teddy bear over. He then slumped to the ground, wheezing.
Mind. Blown.
In spite of his amazing ability to be a one-man-lightsaber battle, he does prefer to have someone else to duel with. The girls have both been hit in the fingers a time or two and don't usually want to play, so the honor generally falls to me. Guess who gets to be the Jedi and who has to play the part of the evil Sith?
Dax looks pretty serious in the above picture, but it is only because he is humming the Imperial March as loud as he can hum. He impressively switches between theme music and light saber sound effects during our duels: "Psssh! Psssh! Vroooom!"
"I'll Never Join YOU!"
Sometimes I get to talk too. "Obi-Wan has taught you well."
The light saber battle usually ends when Dax gets a little too excited and accidentally comes too close to hitting my fingers (or my head). I guess I am kind of a wussy when it comes to light saber battles.
But I don't want to have to walk around with one black glove on all the time.
3 comments:
I am picking myself up off the floor from laughing. He was just getting into it about Christmas-New Years time. When we were up to the cabin together, he found some old dried up sticks. He gave me one, and we did battle. It was mostly slow motion, with sound effects when our swords touched. He couldn't really put his heart into it, or his weapon would be destroyed. But it was fun and funny.
Oh man that Dax is ready for his big screen debut. I love it! And you are a first class mama for even knowing all the Star Trek wisdom you know. I am gonna need a "for dummy's" for that. ��
Amber, NO! Star WARS, not Star Trek (Preston always gets made when I mix those up).
Post a Comment