So, this happened....
Last weekend at Bear Lake, one day we were down at the beach and a big yeller dog came bounding up to us with a stick in his mouth. We played fetch with this friendly dog for about 20 minutes, and the kids were in absolute heaven. They were so sad when his owner came to bring him home. I could see the gears in Preston's head working, but I didn't think they would work this fast. Last night, he really wanted to take a drive to "look" at some puppies, and we came home with this little girl:She is a 1/4 Golden Retriever, 3/4 poodle (and she doesn't shed!) We decided to name her Olive.
She is a VERY sweet puppy, which is good for all of us because she has had to put up with a LOT today. All three of the kids want to be touching her 24 hours a day. I have witnessed a puppy tug-of-war with a girl on each end at least 3 times today. Cora wants to carry her around everywhere like a teddy bear, and so does Arden. Olive hasn't growled a single growl or nipped a single nip. She just looks at me, pleading with her eyes for help (like this):
She is only 11 weeks old, and has a LOT to learn, but she can sort of play fetch with a tennis ball, and loves to run around with the kids.
By the end of the day, she was pretty worn out:
Say a prayer for Olive that she can survive until she is too heavy to carry around.


3 comments:
Oh no you didn't!!! Actually our yellow outside lab is ten years old and I said to Ry "yes! I am almost done shoveling poop!" To which he replied, "nope. If cooper moves on we will get another. All boys need a dog". Sigh. I love hate them.
Cora will enjoy her puppy time when she gets home from morning kindergarten and the other two are still in school.
Cora will enjoy her puppy time when she gets home from morning kindergarten and the other two are still in school.
Post a Comment