So excited that they laid out their clothes the night before:
The sticky note says, "This pair of kind-of fashion close (clothes) are for the Daddy and Douter (daughter) night so don't touch them! Girls only!!!!" Silly girls.
Before the daddy-daughter day, Cora had a soccer game. She scored a goal! We are still doing the score-a-goal-and-you-get-ice-cream bribe. Cora scored early in the first half in a couple of games this year, and I must admit that her intensity level drops significantly after she gets one in the back off the net. Hmmmmm....I might need to revise my bribery. Anyway, here is my teeny little girl on a breakaway. Run, Corbie run! Do you hear the footsteps?
Anyway, after we made good on our bribe, the girls and Preston headed off to the party, while Dax and I headed off to his soccer game.
(Side note: Dax is not as prolific a scorer as Cora, although he DID score one goal so far in the first couple games. He scored it while playing goalie. Wha? Dax has a mean drop kick, and he can kick it all the way down the field. He kicked it so hard and so far over every one's heads that I think he surprised the other team's goalie who let it go past him in into the net. Still counts. Should count as 2. Dax's team, bless their hearts, would still have lost.)
Here are some pictures I was sent from the big party:
I heard there was a hula hoop contest, games, crafts (see above) snacks, and all sorts of fun! Dax was more than a little jealous when the girls came home with all of their little prizes, but he will get his turn soon. I personally think the campout should be "Fathers and all the kids," but you know....I'll take what I can get.




1 comment:
Your description of Dax's soccer team is right on point with my boys. They lack... well, everything. And also, how cute is that note??? I die. "Kind of fashion" ha ha ha
Post a Comment