Thursday, September 25, 2008

Is it over?


Here are the two musketeers (sorry about the slobber)! I couldn't get both of them to smile at the same time, so that is why I had to put two pictures. Oh well. Maybe I could photoshop the two pictures together or something??

Anyhoo...Daxton is quickly catching up to Arden size-wise. She asked me if she could hold him the other day, and I had to ask her which part of him she wanted to hold, the top part, or the bottom part :)

Nothing too earth-shatteringly exciting has been going on for the past few days. We had a good but pretty quiet weekend last weekend. Preston and I went and saw "Ghost Town" on Friday night (it was cute!). Then, I got to have some girl time with a baby shower for my friend Nicole on Saturday afternoon and then "girls nite" with my sisters on Saturday night. We shopped for shoes and clothes and ate at Thaifoon (firecracker chicken and drunken shrimp...yummy!) and it was sooo nice to get out and go shopping without wondering under which clothing rack Arden was hiding under or watching Preston roll his eyes when I ask him to hold my purse while I try something on :) Thanks for watching the kids, Preston!!

Anyway, we are still fighting the binkie wars. Arden has stopped asking for the binkie, and is actually pretty proud that she is a big girl and doesn't use it anymore. She is sleeping like a champ at night, but sometimes naps are just hard. She is doing better, but on some days she just can't seem to figure out how to calm herself down enough to fall asleep. I guess it will take some more practice. So, my advice to you all is take the binkies away earlier (or just completely wuss out and wait until the kids give them up on their own...I am sure they won't take the binkies to college :)

The circus is in town (we are going on Saturday!) and some friends and I decided to take the little kiddies down to the Gateway mall for the 'Elephant Parade" yesterday. None of us had ever been to it, but I heard about it on the radio and it sounded like fun. So, a bunch of us went down, grabbed some happy meals and found a place to watch. Arden had been talking about the "Ewwefans" all morning. There were quite a few people waiting for the parade, and I even saw a news truck. "Wow, this is going to be good!" I thought to myself. Finally, we saw it coming! There were some clowns, some horses, some more clowns, some other performers (hard to tell what kind), some more clowns with lamas and goats, and then the elephants were last. They were all walking pretty fast so the parade itself took about 2 minutes to go by. :) I was kind of disappointed that it didn't last longer, and we all kind of looked at each other and said "Is it over?" It was. I asked Arden what she thought, and she looked up at me mournfully and said "No candy?" I guess the only other parade in her memory is the 4th of July parade where they threw tons of candy. Oh well. The kids did all got free bubbles from the circus people, so they ran around blowing bubbles while the moms chatted for a while longer, and it turned out to be a pretty fun day, even though the parade was by FAR the shortest one I have ever seen. Oh well...what do you want for free?

Daxton is officially 4 months old today! We have his doctors appointment next week, so I will give his exact measurements then, but my bathroom scale said he was 17 pounds last week, and I believe it. Here are his bear pictures for you:


Some of Daxton's favorite activities include:
  • slobbering on himself, his mommy, and whatever else comes within his reach
    eating (obviously),
  • staring at ceiling fans,
  • watching Arden run around like a crazy person all day long,
  • and having long, meaningful conversations with whoever will listen using only words like "ggggggeeee" and "aaaaoooooogggggg,"
  • watching himself in the mirror, especially while taking baths. He just loooves watching that other baby in the mirror getting all clean.

Here are a couple more pictures of my big guy (Sorry, Dax, I couldn't resist)




9 comments:

Amanda said...

cute. I love the picture with the hat!

Anonymous said...

Daxton the cutest, biggest smile. He seems like such a happy baby, can't wait to meet him... so when are you coming up? :)

Brindy said...

That's too bad about the elephants, but at least you got out of the house and did something fun. Poor Ellie gets stuck with me trying to catch up on all my busy work while the other 2 girls are at school. I need to be better at planning fun things. You have two cuties!

Diane said...

Your Dad and I laughed so hard at the "No candy?" part. Arden and Preston were so funny at the 4th of July parade. She has a good memory!

Leslie said...

I love the pictures and I totally understand about the smiling at the same time because they seem not to understand that concept.

As for the parade, I think that so funny and sad for the kids! I would want some candy too!

Daxton is growing up so fast and he's looks are changing. He's so cute.

Leslie said...

Okay, sorry for the typo, I meant that "his looks are changing..."

Lori said...

he is a doll!

Tiffany said...

What cuties! Daxton is getting so big!

Jessica O. said...

cute pictures. I can't believe how fast they grow.