I don't have very much exciting stuff to discuss this week. Arden got sick at the end of last week. She had a small fever and a runny nose and a cough, and of course, was incredibly grumpy and clingy. I felt so bad for my poor little girl, it is so hard when there isn't much you can do to help! We gave her medicine for her fever and set up the humidifier for her cough, and she got over the worst of it after a couple of days...which is right when Dax started up.
It was Daxton's first time being sick, and he had the same stuff as Arden. The first night he started feeling yucky, he just cried and cried, poor little guy! I could see on his face that he didn't know what exactly was going on, but he REALLY wasn't happy about it. He wouldn't hardly eat, he just wanted to whimper and cry. After the first night he did a lot better, and now both of them are almost back to normal. They both still cough a little and have runny noses, but no more fevers and no one is grumpy (well...no more than usual). Anyway, because of the colds running around we have been staying pretty close to home, there is not too much fun stuff to do with two sick kids, and I have been trying to shield everyone in the neighborhood from getting it too. Luckily, I haven't got sick yet (knock on wood), and Preston has been out of town so he is probably safe.
Today is 9/11 and I didn't even realize it until nearly noon. I kind of felt guilty for letting it nearly slip by without taking a few minutes to remember that day, and to think about all of the people who lost their lives, especially the people who gave their own lives trying to save the lives of others, both in the towers and in the skies above Pennsylvania. I can remember that day so clearly. I had just started working for PricewaterhouseCoopers, and I was in San Jose, California for a 2-week long training session. Since I was on West Coast time, I didn't even wake up and turn on the news until both planes had already crashed into the towers. I remember the confused, numb, disbelieving feelings I had as I stood frozen in front of the TV in my hotel room, watching the towers fall and wondering how it could really be happening. Where were you that day?
Anyway, I will leave on a happy note. Here is Dax, feeling better!
3 comments:
So sorry, it never fun to have one sick kid but much harder when the all your kids are sick.
As for 9/11, I was 5 1/2 month pregnant and I worked as a apartment manager in the Avenues. I was stunned to the bottom of my soul when Blake told me to look at the t.v and witness the fall of those towers. I was in total disbelief. I couldn't understand how did the first tower just went down and kept saying to Blake , no it can't be. You have to understand New York City is my home. It where I was born and raised until I turned 21 year old. We were just there two months old before 9/11 and I was showing Blake the places I enjoyed most New York City. We wanted to go to the towers on our visit but ran out of time and thought next time we come to visit, we'll make sure we go to the the towers and then they were GONE! I thought of all those people I knew who worked there and making phone calls and not be able to get through. It was the one of the hardest time to go through not know if they were at work at the towers or anything. I felt such sorrow for all those people that die because of someone elses hatred. That song that they played while showing the footage of the crashed into the towers, the field in Pennsylvania, and the Pentagon, is true heartbreaking! That song will always remind me of that day. As for my friends, they were safe. They either didn't go to work that day or were in the subway or they started a new job somewhere else. I explain to my kids yesterday about 9/11 and how we lost some many people because of hate.
Glad the babies are better. Poor little things (and their poor little mommy!)
I thought about doing a 9/11 blog, but it still depresses me a little.
I was up at Weber State that day. I had a 7am class, and I hadn't watched TV before school, so I didn't know about it until after my first class. Actually, the professor of my first class made a passing comment that he heard an airplane had hit one of the world trade center towers. We all thought it was a small plane when we heard this story.
I went upstairs after my class to where the TV was and I still don't know if it was live or a replay or what, but I saw the second tower and watched them go down. There was a crowd of students just standing around the TV. I was still working for Delta, and had an 8 hour shift that day. So I went and sat on the phones for the whole evening before I could go home and talk to someone. I think in the whole 8 hours I was at work I received 2 calls. It was crazy. I was so happy to get home that night and be with my family.
(I remember that you were in San Jose because I was going to come out and visit you that weekend, but then couldn't because there were no flights!)
Cute baby!
Post a Comment