(WARNING: Please don't be mad at me if I completely disregard your advice and pick the name you hate or don't pick the name you love. Sometimes all it takes for me to really make up my mind about something is for someone to tell me to choose A, and then and only then will I know that I really wanted B. Ask Preston, it is true.)
Bryony Grace (pronounced /BRY-uh-nee/. meaning: A flowering vine. This name is more popular in the U.K. One of the Olympic athletes from Great Britian had this name and I liked it.)
Brenna Everly (It means "ravenlike woman" which probably won't apply since the baby will probably be blond. Nickname "Bren." Kinda cute, but is it too close to Brynn, which is a niece and also a little girl in our neighborhood?)
Colbie Annabel (I think this is cute, but it is pretty close to Kohl, my nephew's name. It means "from the coal town," so the meaning doesn't really apply. I have thought this was a cute girl's name since I first heard of Colbie Callait the musician.)
.
Corah Bryony (meaning: a young maiden. This is Preston's favorite. Arden LOVES the name Corbie, which I think is cute for a baby, but might not work so great when she is 40. Corbie could be nickname. I wonder if Corah Zaugg sounds too close to Corazon (Spanish for heart)??
Emsley Isabelle (this name means "a Gift from God," which is a lot of the reason that I like it, because that is what this baby is. Nickname could be Em or Emmie, but I like that it is not as common as just naming her Emma.)
Everly Annabel (no official meaning I can find, but I like that "ever" is part of it since she will be ours forever. Nickname could be "Evvy." Too cute?)
Gwynna Isabel (Welsh-one who is fair. Nickname: Gwyn or Gwynnie.)
Norah Everly (means: The shining light. Nickname: Norie. I think it is kinda pretty.)
On another note, I took Arden to get her 3-year old pictures taken, and Dax tagged along. Arden wasn't feeling too great, and developed a cold later that day so she wasn't super-smiley. Now both Arden and Dax are sick. But, there were some pictures that turned out ok anyway. Here are a few of my favorites:



Thanks again for your help!
14 comments:
I love the name Grace (obviously!) but out of that list I like Colbie Annabel the best. They are all very unique, I don't think you'll have to worry about other kids having the same names. Good luck deciding!
Wow, you guys really have researched this. I love the names Bren and Isabelle. Gwen, Colbie and Norah are really pretty too.
I would say if you have to write out the correct way to pronounce a name it could be just as annoying as having someone else in your class with the same name. I don’t think I would like someone always saying my name wrong or having to correct people. Out of these names I like Brenna, Corah, and Norah the best. I also like the idea of Everly, but I think it makes a better middle name. Good luck! Sounds like your getting closer.
You photos of the kids are cute. As for the name I like
Everly Annabel and Colbie. Wow I love how you search for the meaning of the name.
I also like Colbie, but Justin thinks it too masculine. And since I like to shorten names, Col isn't very girly (plus the whole nephew thing).
I do not like nicknames, shortening names, or adding -y to the end all that much, so I like Gwyn best even though it wasn't one of your major choices.
Bryony (did I spell it right?) was wierd at first, but as I got the hang of saying it, I liked it more. (Helps that there is a Harry Potter movie on in the other room, and the British accent makes it easier.) Might be difficult to not have people call her "Briney" though. I also like Brenna. It's enough different than Brynn, unless you call her Bren all the time. Colbie is nice, but I still associate it with boys. Everly makes me think of the Everly brothers, but I could get over that. Nora and Cora (Corah) are both cute. Corazon is a good thing. Emsley's meaning is beautiful, but I'm still trying to get into this one. It doesn't grab me. Gwynna is also veddy British, but lovely. Just my first thoughts after reading the names. Am I being helpful? But my opinion doesn't really matter. Yours does! Love ya!
People say Kinleys name wrong all the time...they say it Kenley, and it drives me crazy. I think you would have to correct people all the time with Bryony. Brenna is cute...its really close to Breann and Breanna. I know a lot of Colbies that are boys...although I think its a cute name.
I like Corah and Emsley the best. Good luck! I cant wait to hear what you chose!
My favorites from this list are Brenna (I knew the sweetest girl with this name that died last year) and Colbie.
My vote is now for Corah. I like that one. I like it with Bryony for the middle name too. I also like Brenna and Gwynna.
The pictures are cute, but it is too bad that Arden wasn't wanting to smile.
Bryonie is the best! I like it! Who cares if people say it wrong? It's their fault! (PS, I said it right before I read the phonetic spelling and I've never heard it before.. so there you go!) hahaha
It looks like you really like Everly! I think you should go with that as the first name. As I said before though! Go with your top 3 and see what she looks like and then you will have the winner! I like Everly the best too!
Whatever you choose will be great, and don't worry about names that are close to cousin's names, who cares...not me. My kids would love it if their cousins had their same name...seriously:)
I'm impressed...you are way more creative than me with names!! Love the pics of Arden and Daxton...so cute!
Post a Comment