Thursday, June 11, 2009

Somersaults, baby steps, and blinky smiles

Tonight was Arden's first gymnastics show. It turns out it is pretty much just like a regular class, except there are a lot more kids, a lot more parents, and a LOT more camcorders. It was fun to watch though, even though more hectic than a usual class. Here are some quick clips:

Ta-da!

I give her a 10! I am so proud of my little gymnast. She just loves it, and is always somersaulting around the house, using my couch as a trampoline, and doing tricks on the handles of my exercise bike as if it was a gymnastics bar. We start her new class on Monday, I hope she likes it!

In other news, Dax is now walking more than one step at a time! He has been taking one or two steps for a couple of weeks, but anything longer than that, he would just get down and crawl. He is still a little shaky, but getting better. He loves pushing Arden's doll stroller around, too. I kept forgetting to get video of the walking until a few days ago. It was right before his bedtime and he wasn't in the mood to show off, so we had to use his blankie as walking-bait (he loves his blankie!):


Finally, I am still in search of a decent picture of Cora smiling. I ALMOST had one earlier today, but of course she is blinking:

She must have learned it from me. I am a notorious picture-blinker. Preston and I had to get our engagement pictures completely re-shot because I was blinking in more than half of them the first time around. I can't help it! Especially if the person taking the picture says "1-2-3" before they take it. My eyes just HAVE to blink on 3...I have no control over them.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Fun updates Chrystie - good to see Preston is around these days ;)

Cheri said...

I love the video's you did a great job. Your kids are growing up-how fun for Arden to be in gymnastics. My niece is in gymnastics and is learning so much, I think Arden will do the same.

Leslie said...

So fun to see the updates of the kiddies. I love seeing the videos of the kids. Thanks for sharing a glimpse into your life.

Jessica O. said...

Cute pictures. I'm glad Arden like Flips. Three little kids is busy and I think you are such a great Mom.