Daxton is growing up so fast, and he is at the age where he definitely has his own ideas about what he likes, what he doesn't like, and when he wants things to happen (NOW!). Here he is with two of his current favorite things in the world, "Meow" (his cat) and "Bay-uh" (the movie Brother Bear, which has surpassed even Shaun the Sheep as his favorite show):
I think of Dax as such a big boy since Corbie is always around for me to compare him to. But he still has a lot to learn about the world around him, and makes me laugh SO hard sometimes with the thoughts that go through his little head. The other day the sun was shining through the windows and reflecting off of my watch. A round reflection from my watch was on the ceiling, and Dax saw it and got all excited. He pointed up at it and yelled "MOON!" with a big smile on his face. He was so excited that the moon was inside of his house! I kept making the reflection move back and forth across the ceiling, and he would chase it around yelling "MOON! MOON!" Hilarious! Here is a picture:
Notice the artwork on the wall behind him? That is just a small part of "Arden's art gallery." She creates at least 2 drawings at preschool each time she goes, and usually another picture at Sunbeams each week, not to mention the countless drawings she does at home. She cannot bear to part with ANY of these beautiful pieces of art. However, my fridge can only hold so many! If she catches me trying to throw any of her drawings away by finding them in the garbage, she is NOT happy with mom. We gave her a bulletin board for her room, and it quickly filled up. So, she took matters into her own hands and started hanging up her favorite art pieces all in a row on the wall in our family room. She has completely filled up the wall now, and I am wondering what she will do next.
.
The other night she fell asleep with her light on and just looked so beautiful and peaceful that I had to sneak a picture:
The words from a song kept running through my mind: "Watching as you softly sleep; What I'd give if I could keep; Just this moment; If only time stood still."
If only.
3 comments:
Dax is looking more and more like a little boy and so much less baby like. And I can't believe Arden is almost 4. Really? Day to day can seem long, but time goes so fast.
Sweets...it a little sad how our little ones grow up so fast.
Pink penguin jammies. What could be better. I can identify with Dax. I want rainbows in my house. I think I get myself a prism to hang. . .
Post a Comment