So, it snowed here last week. Just a little.
Okay, so like 2 or 3 feet a little. It was insane. Lucky for me, the kids all saw some little snow shovels at Target a few weeks ago, so I had lots of help with shoveling the driveway...in teeny tiny little shovel-fulls:
Cora was actually my most consistent helper. She would shovel with me long after the other two were wrestling in the snow and trying to remember how to use their snowball-makers. Cora did have to take a break once in a while to make some snow angels. The snow on the driveway was pretty much the only snow that she could get to, since the snow on the actual yard was too high for her to climb up on. It was sad for me to shovel all her little angels up!
We have been throwing snowballs and attempting to make snowmen (the snow was just too powdery) and eating icicles and all of that good stuff. But mostly we have been sledding down the hill that is our yard. I don't know why I have no pictures, but I don't. Every day since it snowed I have taken the kids out and got at least a few sledding runs in.
Cora likes to go by herself sometimes, but she lets me go with her most of the time. She is so fun to go down the hill with, because she giggles uncontrollably the entire time down the hill, and for a half a minute after we reach the bottom. Dax is a big boy now and wants to go down the hill by himself. Unfortunately, the end of our sled run is the sidewalk, then the park strip and then the road. Dax is wisely a little afraid of going too fast down the hill and ending up in the street, so he usually rolls off his sled about half way down the hill. Arden is, of course, a pro and goes down the hill forwards, backwards, sitting up, laying down, you name it. Today while we were sledding, grass started showing up in our sledding track, so I think that the sledding days are almost over...at least until the next snow storm.
In the meantime, here is tonight's sunset. Not too shabby.
3 comments:
I don't know how it is possible that we live so relatively close and yet (brace yourself) we got ONE INCH of snow. Holy cow - happy shoveling Zaugg family!
You DID get more snow than we did. Glad you had fun in it!
Crazy!
Post a Comment