Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Dax Graduated From Kindergarten!

Dax had a kindergarten graduation ceremony during the last week of school.  I took some pictures, but it is kind of dark in the commons at the elementary school, and the only one that turned out is this one:
This is Dax and his AMAZING teacher.  I am so glad this picture turned out, because it pretty much sums up Dax's kindergarten experience for me.

His teacher made kindergarten a wonderful, fun, brightly-colored-dancing-letters-and-singing-numbers kind of experience for Dax.

It is all the sweeter because seriously, it could have been a lot different. As you may remember, Dax had a...let's say....a rocky start in kindergarten.  But guys, I thank my lucky stars that this wasn't his teachers' first rodeo, not by a long shot.  She didn't panic, she was VERY patient, and after a few weeks, Dax pretty much had the whole kindergarten thing figured out.  Don't get me wrong, Dax is still Dax, which means I am sure that she had to remind him to be quiet and/or hold still about a zillion times a day.  But he learned SOOO much.  Dax is turning into a great reader, and he got straight 3's (best you can get) the last couple of quarters, and got 100% on his end-of-year testing.  I couldn't be more proud of my boy, or more thankful for his teacher!  Yay for kindergarten!

(I am so sad it is over!)


1 comment:

Ryan and Amber said...

He is such a cutie patootie! And a mighty first grader.... Wow!