Monday, June 16, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend 2014

We had our very last soccer games of the season on Memorial Day weekend.  We couldn't miss the last games, so we delayed our Memorial Day cabin trip until Saturday after soccer.  Here is Cora and some of her cute soccer friends after their last game.  Couldn't you just eat those juicy little oranges?  Cora had so much fun on her first soccer team.  I loved to watch her giggle and kick her way down the field.
Here is Dax and the few soccer buddies that were still in town for the last game.  Dax's has been on the same team for a couple of years now.  Unfortunately for us, the coach's son is a soccer prodigy and is moving up to the "Academy" level next year, as is another kid or two from the team. It will be sad that this fun group of guys won't be together anymore, and Dax will really miss his coach!   Dax is still excited to play soccer next year.  I know he will have a good time no matter what.
Arden has decided that after four years of soccer, she wants to take next season off.  It was kind of a sad day as we watched her play her last game.  She loves to be the goalie!
Unfortunately, we forgot to do a team picture after her game, they were too busy having a pizza party.  Her coach was AMAZING and Arden really learned a lot and had fun every year. She says she is just ready to try something new, and I can respect that, but I will miss watching her blond ponytail fly as she chases down the ball:

Maybe she will play again someday.

After soccer, we headed up to the cabin.  Soccer had kept us pretty busy on weekends, so it had been quite a few weeks since we had been up there.  Everything turned GREEN!!!
It still looked like mid-spring at Bear Lake, with lots of wildflowers everywhere.  Lilacs were still blooming in Garden City.  The weather was beautiful and sunny and warm.

We didn't have our waverunners ready for action, but we decided to head to the beach one day just to see how cold the water was.  It was COLD.  That didn't stop these guys from splashing around for a while:
There was a company renting paddle boards for $10/hour.  I have always wanted it try it, so we forked over the cash.  They even threw in a free kid-size rental, which Daxton jumped right on:
 Here is Dax paddling up close and Preston paddling far away.
 Arden was pretty good too!  She has great balance and could get going pretty fast.  She was better at steering than her little brother.
 Cora didn't want to try, but got on a board with me for a while and let me paddle her around.  Then she got off and I got to try it solo:
It was fun, and more importantly, I didn't fall off.  Arden did fall once in water that was about up to her armpits.  The water was so cold she dropped the paddle and sprinted for shore as fast as she could.  I tried not to laugh too hard.

Before we knew it the weekend was over and we had to head home to finish up the LAST week of school!  More on that later...

1 comment:

Ryan and Amber said...

CA--UTE Soccer pics! And is paddle boarding where it's at? I've heard of so many people that love it and I'm tempted to just hit the Lifetime store.