I'll give you an example. With four or five miles left in the Bear Lake Half Marathon last weekend, my ipod freaked out and somehow got off of my "running" playlist and started playing "Colors" by Amos Lee. It is a great song, but it is slooooooow. That song makes me want to curl up on a couch and feel sad, it does not motivate me to run faster. I only made it through about half of that song, and I knew it was NOT going to work for me. I had to pull over to the side of the bike trail we were running on, fish my ipod from its arm case, and set it straight. I HAD to do it, even though a guy who I had worked really hard to pass blew right by me as I fiddled with the buttons and I had to chase him down all over again.
I had someone ask me what my favorite running songs are. I will run to anything that is high energy, but there are some songs that make me smile while I am running more than the rest. Some are cheesy, and I don't recommend listening to them in any context but running...but hey, whatever gets me down the road, right? Here are a few:
"The Distance" by Cake - (S)He's going the distance! (S)He's going for speed!
"Runnin' Down a Dream" by Tom Petty - (for obvious reasons)
"All These Things That I've Done" by the Killers - (just because I love the Killers)
"I Wanna Get Better" by the Bleachers - This one makes me run a little faster because I Wanna Get Better! (at running)
"Runaround Sue" by Dion
"What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger" - for when I feel like I might die.
"Every Day is a Winding Road" by Sheryl Crow - (I get a little bit closer)
"The Long Run" by the Eagles - (Oooooh I got to tell you, it's a long run)
"There She Goes" by The La's
"I'm a Believer" - the Monkees
"Try" by Pink - (Just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die. You gotta get up and try, try try.)
"What I Like About You" by the Romantics - (Hey! Hey! Hey! HEY!)
"Time is Running Out" by Muse
"Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me" by Keith Urban - A lot of Keith Urban songs work for me while running for some reason.
"Roar" by Katy Perry - (of course!)
Go ahead and judge me now, I don't mind. I know I am a dork. Do you have any songs on your running/workout playlist that really help? If so, let me know, I am always looking for something new to add.

1 comment:
This girl is on fire! By Alicia Keyes. That's not my name by the ting tangs. Shake it by metro station and who runs the world by Beyoncé. Just a few to add to your list! You go girl!
Post a Comment