Monday, May 18, 2015

Mothers Day Cards

Is there anything better than getting beautiful, handmade Mothers Day cards?  I think not.  And this year I got some keepers.  This first one is from Cora, made in kindergarten.  I like how she thinks I weigh 10 pounds, and I probably do seem 50 feet tall to her.  She wouldn't trade me for a puppy!  That's love.  I am one lucky mom.
And look at this one from Arden!  She didn't even make it at school or church or anything, just out of the kindness of her little heart.  I shall keep it and pull it out when she is 15 and hates my guts for not letting her go to the homecoming dance. It is awesome.
But my favorite card might be from Dax, because he is so dang unintentionally funny.  He made this at church, and he was rushing to finish it while I was waiting, so the handwriting may need some interpreting...
Here is what is says:

My mom is: 87 years old (boooooo!)
My mom weighs: 3000 pounds (BOOOOOO!  Whoa, I gotta lay off the cookies).
My mom's favorite color is: yellow.  (True!)
My mom's favorite food i:s mango.  (I do like mangoes.  I think he stole this off of Cora's card, actually).
My mom always says: "Yes" (Wha?  I do?)
My mom cooks the best: Pesa (Pizza. With the help of Papa Murphy, I do.)
My mom's job is:  Wrking (Working.  Hahaha!  Obviously.  Duh.)
My mom laughs when: "somthing is funny."  (Duh.  Hilarious!)
If my mom had time, she would love to:  Nip (nap.  True.)
My mom and I like to:  Cook, sleep, and plant  (hmmmm...okay.)
My mom really loves:  Me  (Duh!  Why are they asking him these silly questions?)
I love my mom because:  She's my mom  (DUH!?! )

Happy Belated Mothers Day to all you moms out there.

1 comment:

Ryan and Amber said...

I love these cards more than most things in life! It's hilarious/lovely to hear what they really think about us. My Dax said his Mom always says, "I'm gonna count to three"... Sigh. :)