Monday, May 25, 2015

Cora the Tent Caterpillar

We have been at Bear Lake for Memorial Day weekend.  It wasn't quite the "summer kick off" we hoped it would be, with temps in the 50s and rain every day.  We still had some fun hikes, flew kites, played games, watched movies, and just relaxed with family.  

On one of the hikes Cora and I took yesterday, we saw some tent caterpillars.  These little guys team up and make big silk tents for themselves on trees.  They make them by shaking their booties back and forth and releasing the silk, like in this video (kind of gross, but Cora thinks they are hilarious!)
Cora kept doing a cute little impression of them.  I thought it was funny and kind of adorable:
Man, I love that little cutie bootie.

1 comment:

Ryan and Amber said...

Well Cora the tent catterpiller can come shake her groove thang any day of the week as far as I'm concerned! :)