Sunday, September 11, 2016

Lagoon Summer

So, wow, sorry about that break.  Things have been crazy with back-to-school, gymnastics, soccer, and I was training for a marathon that happened yesterday (more on all of this later)...but anyway...remember summer?  I do.

This summer was the first year we got season passes to Lagoon!  It was nice to be able to go just for a couple of hours here and there instead of wearing ourselves out trying to fit it all in in one day.

It was also fun to meet up with family and friends when we could.  The kids loved to ride a few rides with Val and Josh when they were doing their once-a-year Lagoon trip (I am always happy to stay OFF of the tilt-a-whirl and take pictures. I get pictures and no one ralphs.  It is a win-win)
 We also did the bumper cars a bunch of times, and tried to give each other whiplash.  Arden was a pretty good driver, Cora can't reach the pedals and made me drive, Dax just kind of spun around in circles and waited for us to hit him.  Here is Arden, ready for battle:
 Cora started out the year not wanting to go on any roller coasters.  The first time we went we talked her into Bombora (which she had liked in previous years).  It took us a few weeks, but we did eventually get her on the Bat (she is behind Arden, but the dang fence is in the way):

She got braver and braver towards the end of summer, and went on the Spider and the Wild Mouse too.  We never could talk her into the Colossus or Wicked or Cannibal, but the other two were more than willing.  Arden and her friend are in the front row, and Dax is in the second row:
Speaking of bravery, sometimes there is nothing like a little bit of peer pressure to jump-start your courage.  Arden brought a friend along another day, and then proceeded to ride the Rocket for the very first time!
I was usually too scared to go on Rattlesnake Rapids, mostly because I didn't want my phone to get all wet and I usually forgot to plan ahead with a zip-lock or anything.  I did enjoy watching the others go on it though:
 Especially when they went under the waterfall!

Overall, I think we got our money's worth, and will probably try to hit Frightmares once or twice too. 

Yay for Lagoon!

No comments: