Saturday, November 26, 2016

Orlando Cray-cation - Part 3

Are you still with me?  Then you are obviously pretty bored.  Sorry.  But if I don't write it down I'll forget.

Anyway, we were in the home stretch now!  Only a couple of full days left.  Back to Universal we go - Islands of Adventure this time!  Let the adventure begin!
Where to go first...Harry Potter Land, duh.  Here we are entering Hogsmeade.  We are so early the Butterbeer cart isn't even open yet!  Don't worry kids, as sure as gators live in the swamp, there will be Butterbeer today.
Wait, stop and smile in front of this cute Gryffindor snowman!  
Our first ride was the Hogwarts ride (I can't remember the actual name of the ride).  Cora wasn't sure she wanted to ride on it since the Gringott's ride wasn't her favorite, but she wanted to go through the line anyway.  I actually like the line on this one better than the ride.
The line goes all through Hogwarts, through the Herbology greenhouse, by Dumbledore's office, through the portrait gallery, even by the picture of the Fat Lady.  All fun.  But the ride makes me so dizzy I have to close my eyes through most of it, and I'm still a little wobbly getting on the moving sidewalk at the end.  I guess I am just old.

After we rode that ride and the Hippogriff roller coaster, we finally headed to the place Daxton had been anticipating for a long time:
 Preston gallantly sacrificed his arm to this T-Rex to save the kids,  Run, kids!
 Then we went to visit a velociraptor.  He decided that he wanted to nibble on my ear:
 This is me right before I ran away.  Cora isn't too sure about the whole situation but Dax thought it was hilarious.
After Dax rode the Jurassic Park boat ride 3 or 4 times in a row and we waited while the kids played in the Jurassic Play land for a while and rode the sky ride, we ate lunch!  The kids got ice cream with their kids meals, and they were a little bit excited about it.  
After me, Dax, Preston and Grandpa got brave and rode the Hulk Rollercoaster (where they make you take EVERYTHING out of your pockets and even x-ray you to make sure you are free from keys or even chap stick.  I thought this was a little excessive until Cora found someone's earring on the ground that had apparently been flung out of someone's very ear by the force of this coaster), we headed over to Seuss Land.  Arden wanted to stand by the sign and get a picture because Dr. Seuss is one of her favorites, and they even share a birthday:
Look who we found!  The Grinch:
 Silly kids:
After we rode all the rides in Suess-land, we headed over to the new King Kong ride:
 It actually wasn't as scary as we thought it would be, which was good because Cora went on it and was pretty worried.  It actually made her brave enough to try the Harry Potter ride later that day:
I love the portrait gallery!
 They almost decided at the very last minute that Cora was too short for the ride, but they eventually let her on and she loved it.  We then took turns taking the kids on the Hippogriff coaster about 8 times in a row.  Finally, the promised Butterbeer made its appearance.  And we found the perfect bench to eat it on.
 Another great day!

The next day was our last full day, and we saved the Magic Kingdom for last.  Yay for castles!
 
We went to the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride.  They had fun stuff to do while we waited in the superlong line (no Fastpasses...boo!).  The ride itself was fun, but not as fun as I thought it should have been when we waited for about an hour.
That was by far the longest line we waited in.  We walked right on to the Little Mermaid:
And the train had no line either, so we decided to ride it over to the Haunted Mansion, which actually took longer than walking but oh well.
We hit all the highlights.  Pirates of the Carribbean.  Buzz Lightyear.  Even Splash Mountain!
We did wait in line for a while for the Jungle Jingle Cruise, but we got a really funny guide so it was okay.
When the sun started going down, I started getting a little sad.  But we still had time to go on Space Mountain, and Cora made sure we fit in the obligatory "It's a Small World."  
One more carousel ride:
And then our last ride...Space Mountain.  Are you sad this is your last ride?
 Actually, we had time to ride it twice, but then it was OVER.  They were starting up "Mickey's Christmas Party," which we hadn't paid the extra $90 for, so we were oh-so-sweetly shuffled towards the door.  But they can't stop me from taking pictures on the way out!  Here is the pretty wintery castle:
 And it was snowing like crazy on Main Street!  Dax tried catching some on his tongue and quickly discovered fake snow doesn't taste as good as the real stuff.
 Arden one more time:
 We did get one more ride...the ferry back to the parking lot (have I ever mentioned that I dislike the ferry?  I do.  Not as much on the way back as on the way in though.).  I had forgotten that it was the supermoon this week until just then, so I made Cora hold up the moon for me as we chugged across the lake:
 Goodbye Disneyworld!  I'm exhausted!
 We spent our last morning swimming and soaking up the sunshine.  And packing of course.  Yuck.
Goodbye pool!  Goodbye house with palm trees and neighborhood I took boring laps around all week instead of running through the swamp!
It was a super fun trip, but I think we were all a lot more tired when we got home than we were when we left!  Now I need another week off to recover from my vacation :).  But I still wish we could go back and do it all again.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Glad you can still remember with such clarity. It's starting to bunch up in my head. Ha Ha.

Ryan and Amber said...

This trip looks like Heaven! I love that you hauled your kids around to all their favorites... Jursassive world for Dax. Pure bliss!