Last Sunday was Arden's second birthday party. We tried to keep in small and only invited our families, but since Preston comes from a family of eight brothers and sisters, even a a "small family party" can feel pretty big. I did a really bad job of taking pictures that day. Hopefully I can get some good ones from my mom, but I will post a couple here.
Arden had a great time eating pizza, salad and chips. After everyone was done eating, we brought out an Elmo pinata. I thought Arden would like it, since she likes Elmo. However, it turns out that she likes him so much, she didn't really want to hit him with a stick. Also, she wasn't too thrilled when her cousins hit him with a stick either. Hmmmm...didn't think about that. Her cousins thought it was the BEST and I was suprised how hard even little two-year-0ld Grace was bashing Elmo around. During the beating, er, I mean pinata fun, I tried my best to explain to Arden how it wasn't really Elmo. I tried to tell her it was just a box full of candy that looked like Elmo, and the kids were just trying to get the candy out. It was a pretty sturdy pinata, so it took about 15 minutes of serious Elmo-smacking before he finally gave up the candy (it probably didn't help Arden feel better that her cousin Broxton knocked Elmo's head clean off). She picked up some candy and seemed ok with everything. However, when we went back in the house, she ran to my sister Amanda, and with huge eyes and flailing arms she yelled "EMMO!! EMMO!! STICK!! HIT!! OWIE!!!" Oh well. Hopefully she isn't permanently damaged. :)
The rest of the party pretty much involved opening presents and eating cake and ice cream, so of course Arden enjoyed those activities more than the pinata. She had plenty of help opening her presents:
Then, yesterday, Arden took her very first trip to Jungle Jim's. Jungle Jim's is kind of like a Chuck-E-Cheese kind of place, but with more rides. We went with some friends, and Arden loved it! Grace and Zane were old Jungle Jim pro's, so they showed Arden the ropes. They rode pretty much every ride twice. Here are some pictures of the fun day:
Then, later that night, we went to Arden's cousin's first birthday party! Arden loves playing with her cousins, so she was so excited to see them two weekends in a row. We all had a great time eating more cake and ice cream and watching the Jazz game (Go Jazz!). Fun week!
The rest of the party pretty much involved opening presents and eating cake and ice cream, so of course Arden enjoyed those activities more than the pinata. She had plenty of help opening her presents:
Then, yesterday, Arden took her very first trip to Jungle Jim's. Jungle Jim's is kind of like a Chuck-E-Cheese kind of place, but with more rides. We went with some friends, and Arden loved it! Grace and Zane were old Jungle Jim pro's, so they showed Arden the ropes. They rode pretty much every ride twice. Here are some pictures of the fun day:
Then, later that night, we went to Arden's cousin's first birthday party! Arden loves playing with her cousins, so she was so excited to see them two weekends in a row. We all had a great time eating more cake and ice cream and watching the Jazz game (Go Jazz!). Fun week!


6 comments:
Arden still seems to little to be riding rides without a parent. Oh how the time flys! But she is so cute. Sounds like you guys had a good and busy week.
How fun! I remember Ken and I taking Ashlan there for her 3rd birthday. Much cheaper than Lagoon or Disneyland and I don't think they even know the difference. :) Poor Elmo -- I'm with Arden on that. haha That was too cute.
That looks like way more fun than Chuck-E-Cheese!
where is jungle Jims? Looks like a she had a lot of fun!
Jungle Jims is down in the Fort Union area of Salt Lake City. Check your happenings book for coupons!
Looks like fun! Parker would love Jungle Jims. We should definitely do lunch soon!
Post a Comment