Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter (a day late)

HAPPY EASTER!!
I know I am a dork, but Arden thought it was funny. Anyway, I hope everyone had a great Easter! Arden and I made it through another week of Preston being out of town last week, and we were both so happy when he got home last Thursday night! Yaaay! He brought us prizes from New York, and we both love to get prizes. He is home with us this week so we will enjoy him while we can before he heads off to Philadelphia next week :(.

We had a busy but fun Easter weekend. On Saturday morning, after Preston let me sleep in a little and get some exercise (I am trying to get into swimsuit shape for our trip to Grand Cayman in April!!), we headed off to Easter Egg Hunt #1 at a park in our town. It was one of those where the eggs are just on the grass in a big field, so it is more of an "Easter Egg Run" than a hunt. Arden figured out what to do pretty quickly (with a lot of help from Dad), but all the eggs were gone in less than a minute. She was really surprised and happy to figure out that there were treats inside! Wow! Here is Arden doing her thing:


We headed home after that and attempted to color some eggs. Arden liked to stick stickers on them, and she only broke one or two. Here is Arden and Dada working hard on the eggs:

After a nap (or at least an attempt at a nap), we headed over to Preston's parents' house for another Easter egg hunt! Arden knew what she was doing this time, but Preston was still more than willing to help! She found quite a few eggs and put them in her purse (I know, I know, we didn't have a basket for her to use yet and she really loves her little purse, so we let her keep her eggs in that). She knew exactly what to do this time! As soon as the hunt was over, she was trying her hardest to open up some of those eggs. Good thing she wasn't very good at it! We headed inside and had a yummy Easter dinner and had a great time playing with the cousins.
The next morning we got up and got ready for church. Arden found her Easter basket that the Easter Bunny had left for her. She was so excited to see all of the treats. (Next year, someone remind me of how many treats she is going to get in the egg hunts so I will remember not to get any for her basket! So much for getting into swim-suit shape! I can't resist Cadbury eggs! Oh well.) We were off to church with a sugared-up Arden. Here she is in her pretty Easter dress.
She jumped up and down and waved her arms all through Sacrament, but she did it quietly :). Arden looooves go to go her nursery class at church. She got yet another egg at nursery, and as soon as I went in the room to get her, she ran up to me yelling "OOWEN IT! OOWEN IT!"

That evening we headed over to my parents' house, for Egg Hunt #3. Arden is the only in-state grandchild on my side of the family, so we let her have a head start before the "adults" (and I use this term loosely) all ran out and found the rest of the eggs ourselves! Thankfully, I don't have any photographic evidence of that, but I think my mom has some to blackmail us all with. After the hunt, we had another yummy dinner, ate our candy, and happily rolled ourselves home.
On a side note, it is finally warm enough for Arden to practice riding her "bike" outside! She is still not very good at it, but here she is giving it her best!

7 comments:

Diane said...

Yay, Easter candy hunts. Just pace yourself. You don't have to eat it all right away. Ha Ha. It might be harder to convince Arden of that. Cute pictures, kid. You and Lori have a great photographic eye. Love ya! Mom

Tiffany said...

Arden sure was cute with that little purse! I got some good pictures of her and Preston at the Zaugg's, I'll have to send them to you.

Leslie said...

Yup, going to 3 eggs hunts will give you plenty of candies for a couple of weeks. So, for the Easter bunny, he should bring a couple of candies and a gift.

I love the purse and I don't see any wrong using it for the eggs. It's better than what Mya used this year, a"Halloween Pumpkin"!

Arden sure is pretty in her Easter Dress.

Amanda said...

Well, if you had enough candy already you could have given it to us. Matt used Arden to get the high eggs and then though he had to give them to her. So you can blame him if you don't look as good in the swim suit.

The Taylor Family said...

Love the bunny ears! Wow 3 easter eggs hunts! Crazy! I love Ardens little bike, where did you get it?

Brindy said...

Her dress is adorable! Dido to the Easter Candy. I think I bought 6 bags of candy (for all the hunts and Easter Day), and I am now quite sick of candy laying ALL around my house. I usually love a treat throughout the day, but now I look at it and feel like throwing it all away. :) Going light next year...or will attempt to.

Kirstin Schmidt said...

Isaac went to 2 hunts and got a lot of candy too!! Guess where the candy goes? In Mommy and Daddy's belly's. Luckily, Isaac isn't a fan of candy. Unluckily, his parents are!! Arden looks adorable in her dress. I'm jealous! I want a girl!!!