Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My three babies

Sometimes I can't believe that I am the mom of three kids three and under. Who would have thought just a couple of years ago that I would have three babies! I tried to get a picture of all of their little feet, but it was HARDER than I thought. No one would hold their feet STILL!

Before Daxton was born, I still thought of Arden as a baby even though she had just turned two. But once we brought Dax home, it seemed like she suddenly became a full-fledged big girl overnight. I didn't think that the same thing would happen with Daxton and Cora, but it kind of has. After we brought Cora home, Dax has somehow has turned into this HUGE guy who all of the sudden seems a lot more like a toddler than I ever realized. I can barely believe how big and smart he is. See for yourself the BIG part:
(Cora didn't like her first bath, obviously. She did much better today!)

Bringing Corbie has made me realize just how big and smart Dax is now. He can do so many things, it is so amazing how much he has learned in his short 10 1/2 months. He is really trying to grow up so fast, and can even stand up all by himself...for a few seconds. His latest word is ball ("BAAAOOOOH!") and he loves to play catch. He is even learning to give kisses. He kisses with his mouth wide open, and leaves a big slobbery circle on my cheek, leg, whatever. The only way I can tell it was a kiss is because he makes a "aaaawaah!" noise when he does it and then looks up at me and seems very pleased with himself. Hopefully he will get better at it before he starts dating :)
.
I have realized that I have got to make sure to soak up the little bit of babyness Daxton has left before it is all gone and he really is a toddler. Anyway, here is a comparison of my two "little" babies in their cribs:

Cora:
Daxton:

Dax is fascinated with Corbie and loves to look at her. We have to be careful though, he still will try to sqeeze her face sometimes, but he IS getting better slowly. He loves to talk to Cora and I can tell without looking when he is talking to her because he raises his voice up an octave or so and talks to her in this funny, high voice that makes me smile.

Arden has been such an amazing helper, sometimes it is hard to believe she is only three. She is such a good helper, and will run upstairs and grab burp cloths, fetch hand sanitizer, help me get the baby dressed, etc. etc. etc. But sometimes she still has her baby moments too, and still loves to be held and snuggled...when she is in the mood, of course. I hope that Cora is a snuggler too, I feel bad for people with non-snuggly kids!

Here are a couple more pictures of Corbie, with her EYES OPEN! Yes, her eyes do, in fact, open occasionally. She still sleeps about 22 hours a day, but she is starting to be awake more and more, especially in the evenings. We still usually have to wake her up to feed her at night, and she usually goes right back to sleep, but who knows how long that will last!


Her eyes look blue to me so far. Preston is hoping they stay blue so that we can have a set of matching blue-eyed babies.

15 comments:

Amanda said...

So cute! I can't believe how sweet they all are. Let me know when it is a good time for us to come visit again. I need some more niece and nephew time.

Cheri said...

Thanks for sharing your amazing photos. I love the one of Dax and Cora together. Please let me know when you need a break, nap, time out etc.. Im so happy for you.+

Jessica O. said...

I love that their feet are moving. The picture is perfect. They get big so fast...enjoy!

Holly said...

Thanks for the update and pictures. She really does look so TINY in comparison to Daxton. Fun pictures!

Emily said...

It is amazing to see the difference between Daxton & Corbie. 10 1/2 months makes a big difference. WOW!!!! I LOVE the feet picture!

Kate said...

She is so adorable! Love that picture with Cora and Dax. He is looking at her with such concern! What a good big brother!

Leslie said...

The photos are amazing and I love their feet together! It truly fun to see the mast difference between Dax and Cora!

shelly said...

They are all so cute. I can't wait to meet Cora!!

Tiffany said...

I love all their little feet, it's so cute! Dax reminds me of my boys, they sleep all sprawled out like that too.

Unknown said...

wow.. that is so neat. Thank you for blogging so I can see what's going on! hahaha.. Daxton looks like a MONSTER baby compared to little Cora.. I Mean Briony. That's what I'm gonna call her.. i'm glad it still made middle name!

Tami said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family!!! What a blessing to have those 3 precious little ones. I LOVE the pictures of baby Cora and the kids, especially the feet picture. You have a really good attitude and you and Preston are awesome parents. Take care!

Mike Bringhurst said...

(it's Brandice.) SOOOO cute. I can't believe the comparisons. You're right -- it goes way too fast! Enjoy those baby moments while you can. And enjoy those baby kisses..... worrying about kissing when they're of dating age is no fun. :(

Ryan & Holly Willard said...

I love the feet picture! Dax does looks so big next to Cora, especially the crib comparison.

The Taylor Family said...

I love love love the cute feeties picture! Oh so cute!

Janice said...

Chrystie your photos made me laugh. You are a mom comedian! The look at Dax's face looking at Cora crying is a great picture.