I know there are people out there who only need 4 hours of sleep, I even know a couple of them. Right now I really wish I could be one of them. But I'm not. Never have been. If left to my own devices, I am pretty sure I would sleep at least ten hours every night. Maybe 12. Twelve sounds good. I would go to bed at eleven and wake up somewhere around ten or ten-thirty the next morning. Ahhhhh.....can you imagine?
*sigh*
But, back to reality. Even though I am tiiiiiiired, I am trying to enjoy everything that is happening now through my bleary, droopy eyes, because I know how fast this teeny tiny baby part of life flies by. I am even trying to enjoy the middle of the night bottles, especially since I know that these are probably the last middle of the night bottles I will ever get to do.
Cora has been awake a lot more this last week, and it is fun to get to know her a little bit as an actual person instead of just this cute little lump sleeping on the couch. Her eyes are still looking blue, and her hair is still dark, though it is lightening up a bit. She was up to nearly 7 pounds (6 pounds 14 ounces on Wednesday) and I can tell she is already bigger. She is enjoying her baths a little bit more. She doesn't cry during them now, but she just looks mildly annoyed instead. Here is an example of the look she gives me all during bathtime:
Now that she is ok with baths, she usually only cries if she is hungry or if we are trying to change her diaper or her clothes. She HATES it when we try to pull her hands through her sleeves, and tries to make it as difficult as possible by spreading her fingers out as wide as they can go. She loves being held, and she loves her binkie too.
I am still trying to make the adjustment from two to three but it things are going ok. One of the hardest things is just mobility. I am not even talking about leaving the house, just moving around the house itself. Every morning getting down the stairs is an adventure. Daxton is learning to go down the stairs, but he is nowhere near good enough to be trusted on his own. So, I carefully pick up Corbie with two hands and then cradle her in my left arm. Which leaves me one arm to chase down, wrestle, try to get a good hold on, and finally try to hoist Daxton up to my hip while I try to stand up. It is kind of hard to do...try to pick up a kid using only one hand next time you are bored. It can be done, but it is not as easy as you would think it is. I am getting better at it :)
Anyway, here are a couple more random pictures of the other big events of the week:
Daxton is learning to eat with a spoon! He switches which end of the spoon he uses and kind of dips more than scoops, but I was surprised at how good he was and how long he stuck with it before resorting to using his hands. That kid is very talented in the food-consuming area: Arden had her first swimming lesson today! Preston watched the twiblings while I took her (thanks Preston!) She did pretty good, but she was getting pretty cold by the end of the class. After she got warm, she was pretty proud of herself, and even told me how she she "put my head unner the wader and say b-b-b-b-b-b!" She is so brave and I am so proud of her! Here she is before the class:
And here she is after class with her friend...they are both FREEZING but still so cute!
Dax has had a really bad cold these last couple of days, which means he is up all night too, so it is a 24-hour party at our house lately. So, we are going to lay low and skip church tomorrow and I am going to try really hard to sneak in a nap! Wish me luck!
8 comments:
You have every right to be tired! Just two kids is crazy...I can't even imagine three! The pictures are all so cute. I love the picture of their feet in the prior post. So cute!!!!
Glad to hear things are going well and I'm glad that you are not too tired to blog! Love to see those pictures of that sweet baby and your cute kiddos!
Sounds like you are getting a handle on being a family of 5. Thanks for the updates and pictures. We were wondering if you would need babysitters on the weekend but didn't hear from you. Good luck with that nap thing.
Good luck Chrystie. Preston told me that Daxton had been sick, too. What a handful you are dealing with -- as if a new baby is not enough! That is a cute thing to say... that you are trying to enjoy those middle of the night feedings. I was never so good at enjoying those moments. You're such a great mom. Hang in there!
It's only natural and it would get better...love the cute photos.
Swimming was fun. Three gets easier and harder. It is the best. You are a great mom and your kids are lucky to have you.
Good for you on enjoying the middle of the night feedings. It was more or less a middle of the night nap and then looking down and seeing that they were done. You are amazing. I'm sure you will get your sleep soon. Once you have all the kiddo's hopefully on the same nap schedule you can get a nap too. I learned to start sitting in the rocker with one eye on Isaac and the other eye closed.
Oh I bet you ARE tired! But there are three really cute reasons that you are wiped! :)
Post a Comment