Friday, May 21, 2010

$100 well spent

I haven't taken very many pictures since we got home from our trip. Not too much out-of-the ordinary stuff has been going on. But since most of my life is made up of ordinary things, I wanted to put a few pictures on here of some ordinary things, since I know that in a year or two they won't be so ordinary anymore:

Here is Arden during "nap time." She often dresses herself up in all of her princess jewelry, but this was the first time I noticed her doing it to Slobberears, her lamb (the lamb's name is Slobberears because Arden used to slobber all over her ears when she was a baby). The lamb has a necklace, a crown, a bracelet...even earrings!

Corbie is at the stage where she loves to help empty the dishwasher. Arden and Dax used to love it too when they were her age. Corbie especially loves emptying out the silverware and handing them to me one by one:

These last few shots are of the kids playing on the new swing set we bought. We looked at some of the big sets ones at Costco and Home Depot, but then I measured our backyard and we decided we better start out with something smaller! So we spent a little over $100 on an old-school metal swing set/slide combo and the kids LOVE IT. Here is Arden on the slide:

Here is Dax...he bravely went down the slide by himself the first few times ("SELF!" he told me), but the slide is pretty fast and after he landed on his bum a couple of times he told me "CATCH YOU!" I don't mind because every time after I catch him he gives me a hug. :)

That kid is ALWAYS talking. I can't get him to smile for the camera because he is too busy saying "Mommy! Camwa! Pit-cha!"

Corbie loves the slide too. We have to hold on to her hands all the way down, but she giggles and squeals all the way. I ordered her a toddler swing, but unfortunately it hasn't come in yet, but she likes to just watch the other two running and sliding and swinging while holding on to one of the posts:Here are the swings....

A hundred bucks well spent.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I agree it's the best 100 dollars you spend!!! The kids have a place to play and you have some peace!!!

Megan said...

I agree too. I regret not having one. I love the sheep jewelery!

Diane said...

Much better than cardboard on the hill! Fun stuff.