Saturday, May 29, 2010

Walking and Talking!!!

I am a camcorder slacker. We took our video camera all the way to the Caymans and didn't turn it on ONCE. Both my grandmother and my mother are excellent videographers, but I seem to be missing the gene. I hadn't even recharged the camera since we got home from the trip over a month and a half ago until this week. I feel like I have been a slacker capturing Corbie's babyhood on video, so I decided that before I put the camera back up on the shelf I would ask her to say a few of the words she knows (sorry my floor is so dirty! yuck.):

Today the kids were outside playing on their swing set and I decided to once again see if I could convince Corbie to try and take a step or two. She has been standing really well for quite a while, but just refused to take more than half a step on her own before she would just plop down and crawl to wherever she was trying to go. Today she decided she would give this walking thing a try! She was doing really well in the backyard, so I ran around to the front where Preston was working on his honey-do list and made him grab the camera. Of course, as soon as the camera was on her Corbie immediately forgot how to walk, but after a few false starts she had a couple of good tries. So, for your viewing enjoyment, here are a few of Corbie's first shaky attempts at taking multiple steps (so exciting!)

Now I just need to figure out how to chase two babies at once....

3 comments:

Leslie said...

She's almost there!!!! So SWEET!

Holly said...

Cute videos Chrystie. I keep thinking the same thing... we've got to get out our video camera too.

Ryan and Amber said...

Oh it is soooo sweet! Kael only says Dada but he says it with such vigor! :) His girlfriend is WAY smarter than him! :)