Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Big Boy Now

Yesterday was Dax's 2nd birthday! I can't believe how much my baby boy has grown up this year! Here he is on his 1st birthday:
And here he is on his 2nd birthday!Wow, that bear is getting small FAST! It is getting harder and harder for me to pretend that Dax is still a baby, especially since he is over 3 feet tall and over 30 pounds. It is getting harder to fit him on my lap, but we still make it work.

He has learned so much this last year, he amazes me. He had his doctors appointment today and the doctor was impressed with how well he was talking and making multiple-word sentences and phrases. He was mostly talking about having a sucker: "Mommy sucka now peez? Have it?" (repeated over and over). But as soon as the doctor tried to start up a conversation with him, Dax quickly reverted to his current favorite word. Here is approximately how the conversation went:

Doctor: Can I look in your eyes now with my little flashlight?
Dax: No.
Doctor: Okay, can I look in your mouth instead?
Dax: No.
Doctor: How about your ears?
Dax: No.
Doctor: Do you want to hold this stick? (tongue depressor)
Dax: No.
Doctor: How about two sticks?
Dax: No.
Doctor: Is that all you say?
Dax: No.
Doctor: Do you like candy?
Dax. No.......Candy? Candy peez?

The doctor called it "negativism," and said it is pretty common in toddlers. Dax definitely has it. He LOVES to say No.

We are having a Daxton Birthday/Memorial Day party with our families on Monday, so we decided to take the kids to Chuck-E-Cheese on Dax's actual birthday. I was wondering if Dax would be to little to like it, but both Dax and Arden LOVED it. Here is Dax looking through the window up in the play land:Dax loved the pizza, the play land, the singing mouse, and of course, the rides and games. His favorite game was Whack-a-Mole, where it is actually the object of the game to HIT THINGS with a big mallet and no one even puts you in timeout! So fun!!!! Look at the smile:After we ran out of tokens and cashed in all of our tickets for fabulous prizes like teeny dumdum suckers and stickers, we headed home to have some cake:

He had a hard time blowing out the candle. He was making loud blowing sounds, but no air was actually making it to the candle. So cute! We finally had to help him out a little. He is so dang sweet. I am so proud of my little big man and I so thankful that I get to have the amazing privilege of being his mom. I love this crazy kid like CRAZY.

Bring on the "terrible twos!"

8 comments:

Amanda said...

How Fun! I can see Dax loving the wack-a-mole. Made me laugh. Happy Birthday Dax!

Holly said...

Wow, he has changed a lot this year! Happy Birthday Daxton! Have a fun weekend!

Chris W. said...

It is amazing to see how big he is getting! What a cute little guy. =) Sounds like a fun birthday.

Leslie said...

He has changed so much in a year, it's so amazing! He so lucky to you as a mom!

Diane said...

Hit! Hit! I bet Wack-A-Mole was a hoot. Made me laugh to think about it. You are doing a great job.

Jessica O. said...

He is so TALL! They grow so fast. Maybe soon he and Luke will both stay in nursery and they can become friends!

Charlotte said...

Hooray! Happy 2 years!

Cheri said...

Dax has changed so much since we moved. He is so BIG... and adorable. When we finish with our yard we will have you up for a play date.