So, where was I? Oh yes, last November. After we got home from Missouri, we made an appointment with an ENT doctor to get Arden's nose fixed up. Here is what she looked like...it actually looked less crooked when it was all swollen up. Poor baby!
Guess which option Arden wanted to do? Sure enough, we ended up opting for the less traumatic option. We made an appointment for a couple of days later at a surgical center. Arden is so cute in her gown:
Here she is, all ready to get wheeled away!
The whole procedure only took about 15 minutes, and then I just had to wait a bit for her to wake up. Her nose popped back in so nice, the doctor said she didn't have to wear a splint on it, which Arden was pretty excited about.
It was still sore for a while, and gave her problems at gymnastics for quite a few more weeks, especially going upside down. I think if she wasn't a gymnast it wouldn't have impacted her life as much, but she does usually spend a lot of time upside down, so it was kind of a bummer for a longer time than I thought it would be. She kept a pretty good attitude about it, and hopefully will be more cautious during night games :)



No comments:
Post a Comment