Saturday, March 17, 2018

Post-Christmas Cabin

As usual, we spent the week between Christmas and New Years at the cabin.  Why?  Cuz this, is why:
That never gets old! (Well, to me it doesn't, to you it might be, and if so, I'm sorry!)  We mostly did the usual stuff...sledding, movie watching, game playing.  This winter is MUCH milder than last year, and there wasn't very much snow.  Still, there was a little, so we thought we would still do our traditional Beaver Mountain ski day.  The snow was....crap.  And there wasn't much of it.  The first run of the way we hit the Goat Trail, one of our favorites.  It has a long flat-ish part, and so you have to get going pretty fast to make it through without stopping.  So, we all came screaming down the hill....and hit a few very large bumps that aren't usually there and a few of us (including me) went flying.  That is when I knew we were in for a long day. 

The weather was nice and warm and sunny, which I enjoy!  It was so warm, though that right after I took the picture above, all of the snow on the roof of the lodge fell off and about buried some people standing right below it.  Here is Arden, having a quick snack, and Dax attempting to smile:

The lines at the lift weren't very long, which was nice.  Here is Cora, my lift buddy, and Arden, my other lift buddy hiding behind my first lift buddy.
 Here is a picture of all of us heading up the lift into the bright blue sky.
 Here are the boys, good job not dropping your phone Preston!
The skiing wasn't great, and I later tripped over a tree root.  We all took a spill at one point or another because of the stupid bumps on the goat trail, which we had to take each time we wanted to go to the lodge.  But we survived.

Later in the week we did some puzzles:
The Clarks came up later in the week, and brought Emmy and Xander.  We took them sledding one day.  They liked it!  Xan kept saying "Gin!  Gin!" when he got to the bottom.
The girls had fun taking some slow runs down the hill with the little cousins.  Dax, of course, decided he still wanted to go FAST, and therefore isn't pictured.  But I promise he was here.  Here are a couple more shots of all of them coming down.  So cute!

 On New Years Eve we let the kids stay up until midnight...Eastern Time.  Still fun!  We played some more games.  I had such an epically long Rummikub move ready that I had to take a picture just in case it didn't work after all and I had to put anything back.  But it did work, and I won with it!  Woohoo!
I somehow didn't take any pictures of the actual midnight celebration, but there was pot-banging, and Grandpa had bought little guns that actually shot glitter and confetti, and the kids had a lot of fun with those during the short time they lasted.  There was sparkling cider and lots of yelling and jumping around.  It was fun.

All of the time we were there we were closing following Dan's CaringBridge updates as Brynn was nearing the end of her battle.  We were so happy she got to ring in 2018 with her family too.  Happy New Year!!

No comments: