Daxton turned 2 months old on July 25
th! Here is his 2-month old bear picture for any of you keeping track.

We took him to the doctor on Monday and he is already up to almost 13 pounds! He went from the 23rd percentile in weight at his last visit to the 74
th percentile now. He is in the 81st percentile for height, but his little noggin is only 20%. It is so funny, because Arden has a teeny head too, and my head and Preston's heads are both small for our bodies, so he will fit right in in the head department.
Last weekend we went to Bear Lake. We stayed at Dave and
Alycia's (my uncle and aunt's) cabin on the lake, and my cousin Jayme, her husband Scott, and their baby boy
Ryker were there too. (THANKS for inviting us, guys!!!). We hadn't been to bear lake for too long. With the two babies hanging around, things were pretty low-key, but we had a great time. We ate lots of yummy food, and even made
Smores. It was my first time this summer making them, and summer wouldn't be summer without
Smores, would it?
We spent Saturday (my birthday) on the beach. Since
Daxton was over two months old (by one day) we put sunscreen on him and took him out with us. He slept in the shade pretty much the whole time, but Arden, my little beach baby, ran in the water, dug in the sand, threw rocks and whatever else she could find into the water, and had a great time. It was nice to catch up with everyone, I wish we would all get together more often! Anyway, here are some pictures:
Here is
Daxton hanging out in the shade in a camp chair (so cute!)

Here is Arden at the beach! She would live at the beach if she could.

We put
Daxton's toes in the water. We thought he would cry because the water was still a little cold, but he actually liked it!

And here is Arden and me:

It is sad when my 2-year old has tanner legs than me! I guess I am finally old enough to not care how tan I am anymore. Since
Daxton hasn't been able to wear sunscreen, it has been a pretty shady summer for me. It felt nice to be in the sun, but of course I am a total sunscreen
Nazi when it comes to Arden, and now
Daxton too. She is always covered in
spf 50 and she still browns up like a
marshmallow (I must still have
Smores on the brain). I think back to when I was young and I know I was a total sunscreen slacker. Especially the summers I was a lifeguard...it was sunscreen for maybe the first couple of weeks, and then bring on the tanning oil (hey, it was
spf 2 or 4 or something like that :). Preston finally made me go to the doctor and get checked out to make sure none of my moles looked like skin cancer. Luckily, none of them do, but the doctor told me that since I have so many from being out in the sun so much I should get them checked once a year for the rest of my life. Bummer. Let that be a lesson to you, kids, wear your sunscreen!
4 comments:
Looks like you had fun. Such cute kids. We are heading up to the glamorous trailor this weekend because I haven't been to Bear Lake in at least a year either. Hope I am as lucky as you and don't get sunburned.
What a fun trip. I remember when I cared about how tan I was. That obviously was a long time ago. Just think about the wrinkles you won't get. I have a friend and she still hasn't grown out of it and she looks OLD!
Arden looks like she had a blast. I can't believe Daxton is already two months old. So cute! I put suncreen on the kids like crazy too!
So fun to read your blog and see the pictures. Even though I see you guys and talk and stuff, the written word is different. I enjoy it. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment