Many of you know that Arden was born about 3 weeks early because she wasn't growing like she should (Intrauterine Growth Restriction) and so the doctors decided to take her early. We were worried the same thing might happen this new baby girl (Briony? Cora? Colbie? Something else altogether? Still not sure!).
Well, the ultrasounds our birthmom had last week showed that she is having the same problems. The baby is measuring at least 3 weeks behind where she should be. They had to go in for more tests earlier this week, and the tests show that the baby isn't getting enough nutrients to grow anymore, but seems to be healthy otherwise. The doctors decided to wait until next Tuesday (4/14) before starting her in hopes that the baby's lungs will be developed enough by then to let her breathe on her own. But, if they waited any longer than that, it could be dangerous for the baby. So, in less than a week, our baby girl will be here!
We have a few million things to finish before the baby comes, but we will be ready. We are very excited, but also a little scared and worried because of all of these problems the baby is having. Hopefully she will be small but healthy like Arden was. If you could please keep all of us in your prayers, we would really appreciate it, and I will (as always) keep you posted!
10 comments:
HOLY CRAP!!! Let me know if you need any help with anything!!! I cant believe she will be here soo soon. Good luck with everything!! Keep me posted!
YEA!!! I am so excited for you guys!!! What a super fun/stressfull/full-of-anticipation time for you! Hope everything goes smoothly!
You are all in our prayers. Enjoy these last few days before the newborn chaos starts again. I am so excited for you. Take lots of pictures of those newborn feet, I just can't get enough!
That's great that your precious girl will be in your arms next week and we will keep her in our prayers!
I'm so excited! You will be in our prayers.
I'm excited for you and your family.
We will pray for her. Good Luck with the name.
Chrystie, I'm very excited for you and the family. I'm also nervous and anxious. I am praying for you everyday and sending lots of love to the baby...
I hope that everything goes well next week. Let me know what I can do to help.
I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see the little cutie.
WoW! Good luck! You will be in our thoughts and prayers. I hope the arrival of the nameless beautiful baby will be a safe and happy one!! Take lots of pictures and post them ASAP and let us know how everything goes!
Post a Comment